Thursday, May 2, 2013

A rustic wedding

I've recently been writing about wedding planning with topics about choosing your style and location and narrowing down your guest list.  This wedding focus is partly because we have a new wedding retailer carrying our stamps soon (details to follow!) but more because my best friend from high school is getting married! Now I have wedding on the brain. Congrats to Jenny and her fiance Dan!


Jenny is like the sister I never had.  We met in 6th grade and were almost instant friends.  We were very close throughout high school and she became a part of my family, traveling around the world with me and my parents on many vacations we went on.  Jenny was my maid of honor.  Now it's my turn to be in her wedding and I am thrilled.  She's met the man of her dreams! I couldn't be happier for her.

She's planning a DIY, rustic wedding at Longlook Farm in NH.  This will be the site of her reception. Isn't it out of a fairy-tale?

barn wedding

Jenny hasn't asked me but I have been pinning all sorts of ideas for this rustic, barn wedding. I love this stuff! So here's what I have dreamed up for her wedding...  Imagine this lighting and these lanterns. 


This simple and elegant seating. 

rustic barn wedding

This cute signage: 

New York DIY Barn Wedding by Julia Wade Photography [www.julia-wade.com] #DIYwedding #barnwedding

Beautiful rustic wedding flowers: 


Vintage Fusion Wedding of Elizabeth Messina - Purple,  Vintage Wedding Flowers Decor,  Rustic Wedding Flowers Decor

rustic wedding flower arrangements

For favors, Jenny asked about stamping on cotton, canvas or burlap. I found these bags that are light cotton that would be perfect.   Our stamps are meant to stamp on paper but if you stamp on a flat surface, you can get a good impression with a variety of materials.  You have to be prepared for it not to come out perfectly. 

cotton bags ... easy to hand stamp these with custom stamp and stazon ink - plain cotton bags in assorted sizes available at www.creativebag.com

We are working on designing Jenny a custom stamp with her wedding date.  More about Jenny's wedding to come, I am planning her bridal shower in Boston now.  You can bet there will be some stamping! 




No comments:

Post a Comment