Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Resolution: A Project A Day

Sometimes my house feels like it’s closing in on me.  Since having Connor, my medium sized house has become small.  Every inch of space is used up and the spaces that are mine seem to be dwindling.  With the daily grind, I haven’t had time to organize anything so it’s gotten pretty chaotic.  We have several junk drawers.   The laundry room is a mix of laundry, craft supplies, school supplies, household light bulbs, batteries, cleaning supplies, medicine and has become a general dumping ground.   I have been feeling really overwhelmed about it so I decided that 2013 is going to be more organized.  This is my new year’s resolution.    I’ve made a list of 36 projects around the house that need to be organized.   Some days are easier than others (like #6 which is cleaning out my coupons) and other days will require more effort (like #14 which is to tackle my closet!  A total disaster.)

It turns out that of the most popular new year’s resolutions, organizing is #10.  Other popular ones are getting fit, getting out of debt, spending more time with family and friends, learning something new, and eating better.   Gina Luker at Shabby Creek Cottage is getting on the organizing train with her blogging.  Check out what she’s done here.  She’s creating a blogging board. 

She’s stamped the letters from PSA Vanilla Peel & Stick stamps using an acrylic block onto her white board.

Photobucket

She’s made three columns to get organized:  posts, supplies {she needs} and administrative [tasks she needs to get done.}  It looks great above her desk and she can really set things straight this new year. 

Photobucket

So what are your new year’s resolutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment