I see a lot of crafty blogs doing wreaths for holidays and Michael’s has a humungous DIY wreath section – so I figured I must be missing out on something because I’ve never made one. What fun I had – I’ve been missing a whole area of crafting! I made a festive Easter egg wreath for the upcoming Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday.
Here’s what you will need:
· Foam wreath
· May Arts Ribbon in baby blue, yellow, orange
· Other ribbon in pink
· Plastic easter eggs
· Hot glue gun
Cover the wreath in burlap first. Wrap the ribbon in sections after. Glue the first part and the last part for a secure fit.
Glue a row of eggs together. I also created a “flower” with the eggs. Start by adding glue to one egg, then position the next. Go all the way around in a circle with five eggs, then top with a sixth egg. Add both egg components to the wreath.
I love how bright and cheery this is. I made some notes to improve for the next holiday or occasion, can’t wait to get into wreath making. The 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt that we host is this weekend, I can hardly wait. Be sure to check in Sunday for a photo recap, and all next week I’ll be sharing tutorials on cupcake toppers, decorations, favors, baskets, banners and more! Have a great weekend.
I was so proud of this, I linked it up at a few blogging parties on the web. Check out all these great sites.
· Creating Really Awesome Free Things - http://creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/
· Weekend Warrior Party – Ask Anna Mosley - http://www.askannamoseley.com/
· The Girl Creative - http://www.thegirlcreative.com/
· Skip to My Lou - www.skiptomylou.org
· Mad In Crafts – Mad Skills Monday - http://www.madincrafts.com/
· Tip Junkie Inspire me Tuesday - http://www.tipjunkie.com/category/handmade-projects/
· Sugarbee Crafts – Take a look Tuesdays - http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/
· Handmade Tuesdays – Ladybug Blessings - http://ladybug-blessings.com/
· Reasons to Skip the Housework - http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/
· Get Your Craft On on Today's Creative Blog
· Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Designs - http://www.bluecricketdesign.net
· Wicked Awesome Wednesday - Handy Man, Craft Woman - http://www.handymancraftywoman.com/
· My Girlish Whims - http://www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/
· Linkin’ with Little Luna – Wednesdays Link Party - http://lilluna.com/
· Polka Dots Parade – Wow me Wednesdays - http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/