Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bookmarks


For all of you who haven't abandoned paper books for a Kindle or iPad, our designer Kim Moreno came up with a cute and easy project for readers. Bookmarks! They're perfect for marking the place of a children's book, or even an adult read. It's a classic crafting project and her ideas are sure to inspire. 


The first one could be a fun project to do with little girls. Kim's used PSA Rosetta Peel & Stick stamps and the purse stamp from PSA Cupcake. She's used a variety of colorful inks and created a pattern with the Rosettas. She's adhered the stamped paper to colorful patterned paper and it all works together nicely without being too busy. 




These next book marks are great for little boys. Kim has stamped the space ship, helicopter, airplane and rocket from PSA Rocket. The bright primary colors are a great choice with these stamps.






While I am on the subject of books, I'd like to share a home décor tip I recently picked up – arranging your books according to color! I recently tried it because our living room bookshelves are a focal point in the living room, so organizing the book shelves by color made them seem less cluttered and more decorative. Here are a few ides of bookshelves arranged by color to try at home.



From onekingslane.com

From frommoon2moon.tumblr.com

What do you think of them? Not worth it or cool idea? Like letters in the mail to email, I hope books never go out of style. Turning the paper pages of one gives me such satisfaction and stacking my shelves with great reads cannot be replaced.


This was posted to Lil' Luna - 




5 comments:

  1. Love the books arranged by color...Looks beautiful! Nice tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I prefer paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love these bookmarks they are so trendy!!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a paper page book reader all the way! Don't know if I could get used to reading on a Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful bookmarks!! I love books, magazines, and dog eared pages.

    ReplyDelete