Monday, March 14, 2011

Note Card Sets


I recently gave out Oscars to our design team.  Mara Campbell was awarded with the "Best Series Card Maker" and now you are going to see why.  She has an unbelievable talent for creating sets of note cards, thank-you notes, every day cards, and little tags.  She starts with one, and then carries the theme over to the next.  When I was in art school, our professors used to encourage this.  I had one professor Takeshi Takahara, who was particularly into diptychs and triptychs.  Wonder if Mara took a class with him…

Here's a simple tag set.  She's stamped using PSA Cupcake – the flowers, purse and butterfly are all from that Peel & Stick pack.  You can tell that this set isn't labor intensive, she's cut and layered different papers, stamped and punched out, and layered again.  These would make great birthday gift tags!



Check out this bright "Thinking of You" card set that Mara created using PSA Rosettas. Wouldn't this be great to package up and give as a hostess gift?  Or give it to a friend who's going through a hard time.  I love the colors here, it would sure brighten someone's day.  Also, the contrast with the cardstock and the black is very striking.  She stamped the "Thinking of you" from PSA Dare to Dream.



Here's another set.  Great colors again, so bright and cheery.  She's used PSA Cupcake and the sentiment "Skip the cake, eat the icing" from PSA Dare to Dream. (Such a versatile Peel & Stick pack!)  Cute how she's topped the cupcake with a little gem.



Mara was really busy helping us out with HSN, and I was bummed not all of her hard work could go on air.  She's done one more set for us and the colors are a little more fall. She stamped using PSA Frenchie.  I absolutely love the consistency and order that are in these card sets.  They are different, yet cohesive – such a great package.

1 comment:

  1. clever little cards - I love my Rosettas, but I need more, and I need the stamper too ! Now, sadly, there is no one in my state that sells them anymore :-(

    ReplyDelete