Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Girls Night!

Pre-babies, my group of friends down here used to do a Girls Night every week.   Now, we are lucky if we do it every month.   I love my friends and can’t imagine what my life would be like down here if I didn’t have them.   Since we haven’t had a girl’s night in awhile, I invited the girls over last Tuesday for some drinks & light food.    Little did I know my friends would also surprise me and celebrate my birthday!  
Our design team member Mara Campbell helped make the night extra special with a few of her designs. Mara created this beautiful handmade card which I proudly displayed on the drink table. 
 














 

Mara also created these fabulous wine charms using our Peel & Stick Smirk Fashionista!


























 

 
She created some place cards that would be great for any girls night.  I love how she’s showing that you don’t have to stick with a traditional place card format – she really broke out of that rectangle here!   The U.B.U. collection is perfect for personalizing and tailoring each place card to the guest’s personality!






















Girls Night is different from our days past - we've got our little girls participating in it now  and things seem a little crazier.  But Tuesday reminded me how important friends are – just like work, your husband, your kids, and all the other important stuff you have in your life – you need to make time for friends.  Sometimes, just letting a few other things go is okay.  Slowing down and enjoying the company of my friends is something I am planning on doing more!



Supply Spotlight:
1)      Handmade card - Stamps: PSA Essentials French.   Paper:  Papetrey Ink, Brazil.  Other: Cricut to make letters. 
2)      Wine charms - Stamps:  PSA Essentials Smirk Fashionista.  Paper:  Papetrey Ink.  Other: Ribbon, pencils and laminating paper.
3)      Place cards - Stamps:  PSA Essentials U.B.U. Dress up.  Paper: Papetrey Ink.  Other: Water color pencils and Queen & Co Gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment